What do you want to be?

To believe in a child is to believe in the future. Through their aspirations they will save the world. With their combined knowledge the turbulent seas of hate and injustice will be calmed. They will supply humanity with music and beauty as it has never known. They will endure. Towards these ends, WE pledge our live's work. WE will supply the children with tools and knowledge to overcome the obstacles. WE will pass on the wisdom of our years and temper it with patience. WE shall impact in each child the desire to fulfill his or her dream. WE, shall teach. - William Ward

Sunday 28 August 2011

Reflection on Lesson Plan


I have never encountered a lesson plan in my life, until I entered NIE. Critiquing a lesson plan seems to be an easy task, where most of the time, we pick out more mistakes than the good job done. However, this should not be the case as it is not a platform for us to pick on another person's mistakes only, but, to actually learn from them both- good and bad pointers.

1) Critiquing lesson plans allow me to set the kind of expectations I hope to achieve when writing one. I do not think I will ace on my first try, but I will definitely keep trying till I get better and be familiarize with it. Constant practices, exposures to lesson plans and also feedback from lecturers/supervisors will help me to write better.

2) When we spot mistakes in others' works, we should think of ways to correct the mistakes instead. Questions like, "Why was it put at such? What was the writer trying to imply? How can I make it better?" should be drilled in our minds. This is another way we can learn and do better as well.

3) Before writing my lesson plan, I need to be focus and construct my thoughts and ideas in a proper manner. This is to ensure the lesson is delivered smoothly, is well-organized and that the students will remember the important objectives of the lesson.

As a teacher, it is one thing to have good knowledge but a setback if our students fail to learn from us.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment