What do you want to be?

To believe in a child is to believe in the future. Through their aspirations they will save the world. With their combined knowledge the turbulent seas of hate and injustice will be calmed. They will supply humanity with music and beauty as it has never known. They will endure. Towards these ends, WE pledge our live's work. WE will supply the children with tools and knowledge to overcome the obstacles. WE will pass on the wisdom of our years and temper it with patience. WE shall impact in each child the desire to fulfill his or her dream. WE, shall teach. - William Ward

Sunday 4 September 2011

Reflection on Lesson plans

Back when I was doing my internship in Woodgrove Secondary School, my Senior Teacher( (ST; Mdm Paramjit) emphasize that lesson plan is important especially during my Practicum. She mention that it should cater to my own comfort-ability and lesson plan should include things that you might predict it happening in the class.
True enough, Ms chin and Dr. Mok emphasize the same thing in our Home Economic and Teaching clothing and textile tutorial in NIE. 

 Through out the critique session, I noticed that each lesson plan is different and of course, there are some key pointers that I believe will be useful for me in crafting out my very own lesson plan.

Precise and Detailed: Lesson plans serves as a guideline for teachers to conduct their lesson and in the event where the teacher forget on what activity to do next, they can always refer to the lesson plan as it provide both the timing and the activity. It is also recommended to include dialogues for teacher who are not very good in their language.  

Student's Anticipated Response: In my opinion, I believe that this section of the lesson plan helps teachers to create rapport with the students as by anticipating their response, teachers can come up with a different sets of question to pose to the students as to engage them in learning. This will also help in their critical thinking. 

Timing/ Duration: The duration for each activity should be sufficient and should not be too short as it might eat in into the other activity. When setting a lesson plan, teachers should not be too ambitious as to only set aside 2-3 minutes on a certain activity and it is also important to consider the students learning capability/ students profile.

In the nutshell, I hope that I would be able to craft out a good lesson plan that would not only assist me but also engage the students through my whole lesson.

0 comments:

Post a Comment