What do you want to be?

To believe in a child is to believe in the future. Through their aspirations they will save the world. With their combined knowledge the turbulent seas of hate and injustice will be calmed. They will supply humanity with music and beauty as it has never known. They will endure. Towards these ends, WE pledge our live's work. WE will supply the children with tools and knowledge to overcome the obstacles. WE will pass on the wisdom of our years and temper it with patience. WE shall impact in each child the desire to fulfill his or her dream. WE, shall teach. - William Ward

Friday 4 November 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes!

So on this rainy Friday, with some free time on my hands, I decided to try my hands on baking red velvet cupcakes. Been wanting to bake them since forever but I keep postponing it. In fact, I have a very long To-Bake List which I've not fulfilled yet. Slowly but surely I hope, especially since the holidays are drawing near.

Here's the link to the recipe.
Red Velvet Cupcakes


However, I didn't use the frosting recipe from the above website. Instead, I used one from this.
Cream Cheese Frosting


The cake turned out super moist, it was too yummy! So have a go at making these too! :)

Oh! And if you don't have buttermilk, or if you find that they're too costly, here's how you can make your own buttermilk. All you have to do is to add 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk. Leave that to stand for 30minutes and there you have it, home-made buttermilk!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment